Established in 2011, TRIA is an American Brasserie offering inspired cuisine that’s uniquely prepared and presented in a casual and engaging atmosphere. The seasonal menu highlights local and sustainable foods in Dearborn, while also paying homage to the incredible range of cultures in the city. Some of the cultures that we love to celebrate with our cuisine come from various countries in the Middle East. The Halal restaurants in Dearborn are some of the best in the state.
Which flavors define Middle Eastern cuisine? The foods that originated in this region of the world are as diverse and exciting as the cultures that live right here in Dearborn. We’re a city proud of the people who make up our landscape. Many of our citizens originally hail from Middle Eastern countries like Lebanon, Yemen, Iraq, Syria and Palestine. When they settled in Dearborn, they brought with them their spices, cooking styles and incredible home-grown recipes.
Although TRIA offers inspired American cuisine, our menu draws its influence from the flavors that make up our community, especially from the Middle Eastern countries our beloved citizens immigrated from.
If you’re looking for the best Halal food in Dearborn, you don’t have to look far. The landscape is dotted with bakeries, restaurants and markets that are owned and operated by the proud ancestors of Middle Eastern immigrants. Here, we will give you a sneak-peek at some of the best Middle East offerings our area has to offer. If you’ve got these ethnic flavors in mind when you come to TRIA, you won’t be disappointed. We’ll offer you some of our favorite menu items that draw inspiration from our local Middle Eastern community.
Where to Shop for Middle Eastern Food in Dearborn
If you’re in the mood for baklava or need to find a place that sells halal meats, Dearborn has a vast assortment of markets, bakeries and restaurants where you can find all this and more. As soon as you enter these locations, you’ll know you’re in the right spot as the aromatic scents of cumin, za’atar and sumac fill the air.
Maybe you’re searching for soft, melt-in-your-mouth pita. Or perhaps you won’t rest easy until you’ve had a delicious kebab. With an array of ingredients, meats and produce distinctive to Middle Eastern cuisine, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for at one of these Dearborn locations filled with Middle East delicacies.
For the best Middle Eastern restaurants in Dearborn, visit:
- Al-Ameer: Al-Ameer offers Mediterranean cuisine at two locations on the outskirts of Detroit. With a large selection of vegetarian options, there’s something for everyone. The family-run establishment has been serving its community since 1989.
For markets that offer the best Middle Eastern food in Dearborn, visit:
- Alhoulda Supermarket: Alhouda Supermarket is a family-owned market on Warren Avenue that carries a wide selection of Middle Eastern ingredients and products.
- Cedarland: Cedarland is a restaurant that offers a wide selection of Halal cuisine. Cedarland also provides their customers with optimal convenience, as are the only Middle Eastern restaurant in the area that has a drive-thru. It’s a great option for anyone on the go.
- Dearborn Fresh Supermarket: This versatile supermarket sells a wide variety of produce, meat and poultry. While the market doesn’t exclusively carry Middle Eastern ingredients and products, they offer a wide selection. They also have a floral shop, a smoke shop and a Middle Eastern deli.
- Eastborn Fruit Market: Eastborn Fruit Market sells a lot more than just fruit. They offer a wide selection of produce and other goods, with an emphasis on Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Super Greenland Market: Super Greenland Market is a Halal market that offers produce, Halal deli meats and much more to the Dearborn area.
- Hashems Roastery & Market: Hashems is a unique market that offers a wide range of Middle Eastern gourmet food, roasted nuts, coffee, spices, herbs, sweets and much more. They roast all the nuts and coffee daily to ensure optimal freshness and blend the spices themselves.
- Islamic Village Market: Islamic Village Market offers a wide range of Middle Eastern produce, meats and other products.
For the best Middle Eastern bakeries in Dearborn, visit:
- Masri Sweets: Masri Sweets is a unique Middle Eastern shop that specializes in sweets and other baked goods. All the pastries are baked fresh daily using Turkish pistachios, Jordanian walnuts, Brazilian cashews and clarified butter. Their most popular items are the baklava, kunufa and mammoul.
- New Yasmeen Bakery: New Yasmeen Bakery offers the community of Dearborn a wide range of Middle Eastern pastries, bread, buns and pies. Unlike bakeries like Masri Sweets, New Yasmeen primarily focuses on savory baked goods. They also offer an extensive deli section with salads, hummus, rolls and various vegetarian dishes.
- Shatila Bakery: Founded in 1979, Shatila Bakery specializes in delicious gourmet Mediterranean pastries. While their most popular item is traditional baklava, they also offer sugar-free baklava and knafeh.
Middle Eastern Fare Available at TRIA
At TRIA, we draw our culinary influences from the ingredients and cultures that make up Dearborn’s landscape. Whether it’s sourcing meat and produce from local producers or drawing inspiration from the Middle Eastern community, TRIA is proud to represent our region through food that’s both unique and delicious. We’re also pleased to cater to any diet, including patrons who require halal meat selections.
If you’re looking to enjoy some Middle Eastern-inspired flavors, here are some options you’re sure to love at TRIA:
- Shakshuka: Although initially from North Africa, this traditional breakfast food of eggs baked in tomato sauce is a Middle Eastern favorite. It includes our take on griddled pita.
- Lamb Taco: This fusion creation blends Hispanic, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flavors into one delicious dish. You’ll love the exotic flavors of Greek cucumber yogurt and roast eggplant mash.
- TRIA Salad: When we designed our salad, we were inspired by the tastes of our Middle Eastern community. This delicious assortment of greens comes with whipped feta, cucumbers and goat cheese croutons.
- Roast Elephant Garlic: This sharable menu option represents a flavor profile served in many Middle Eastern dishes.
- TRIA Dips: Another starter option we offer our patrons is our delicious take on classic Middle Eastern dips — hummus, tapenade and roasted pepper feta.
- House Marinated Olives: Be sure to sample this in-house favorite marinated in exotic spices like star anise and coriander.
Make a Reservation at TRIA Today!
At TRIA, we continuously feature new and rotating seasonal Michigan ingredients to ensure you’re getting the freshest food possible. Our specialties include Lake Superior Whitefish Taco, the Henry Burger with farm egg and crisp pancetta and the “Chef’s Daily Chalkboard!” TRIA also features a rotation of barrel-aged cocktails, created by a special aging process to enhance flavors of cocktails using tequila, vodka, whiskey, rum and gin.
When you come to TRIA, we want to give you a culinary experience you won’t forget. That’s why we’re redefining what inspired American cuisine can be.
Make a reservation and experience our take on Middle Eastern fare.